AppleCare+ is a great way to get peace of mind when it comes to your Apple products. But what happens if you accidentally drop your iPhone or AirPods in the water? Does AppleCare+ cover water damage?
Here’s the list of items that are covered by Applecare+ and what the benefits it includes for your device and here’s how can you avail it.
Know What Is and Isn’t Covered by AppleCare+
AppleCare+ is a great way to protect your Apple products, but it is important to know what is and is not covered by the plan. And how can you avail it’s features let’s find out.
So, what does it cover?
It covers two incidents of accidental damage, such as a cracked screen or liquid damage, within the first year of the original purchase date.
AppleCare+ can be purchased on the day of your purchase or within 60 days after. Also, if your Apple device gets cracked it’ll be fixed for under $29 also it covers battery coverage which is depleted below 80%
Applecare+ can be purchased from inside the store service or online also the pricing is based on devices. All iPhone models that are currently supported and can purchase AppleCare+. The iPhone alone has a theft and loss program.
The Pricing varies from device to device and for top selling models are:-
|Pro and Max models of the iPhone 12:||$199 for a basic|
$269 with theft insurance
|iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini||$149 for a basic|
$219 when including theft and lost security
|Pro and Max models of the iPhone 11||$199 for a basic|
$299 with loss of protection and theft
|Pro and Max models of the iPhone 13||$199 for a basic|
$269 with theft and no insurance
|iPhone 13 mini and Phone 13||$149 for a basic|
$219 when including theft and lost security
Pro and Max models of the iPhone 13
Submit your claim for AppleCare+ Cover Water Damage
Apple devices are not waterproof in any way but they are IP68 rated which means they are splash and dirt resistant but don’t submerge your iPhone or Apple devices while swimming or else it’ll be a large bill to fix your device.
If you think you might have water damage, unplug your device and turn it off as soon as possible. Then remove any external SIM cards, accessories, and case material. If you have an iPhone 7 or later, don’t press the Home button to try to turn on your device—this could further damage it.
You may choose between AppleCare+ or AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss for Apple devices. Both cover broken screens and dead batteries, and after filing a claim and paying a deductible, AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss will cover, as its name indicates, a lost or stolen iPhone. Remember that you must have to Find My activated when the device goes missing in order for Apple to replace it.
Have all your documentation ready
If you’re filing a water damage claim with AppleCare+, be sure to have all your documentation ready. This includes a copy of your original purchase receipt, as well as any photos or videos you may have of the damage Apple doesn’t cover user related damage like modification or unauthorized repair and Apple will not provide support on that devices.
If you’re unsure of how to file a claim or what documentation you need, you can always contact AppleCare directly for assistance.
Be prepared to answer questions about the damage
- Gather all the information about the incident leading up to the water damage. This will help you be as specific as possible when answering questions from your insurance company.
- Take photos or videos of the damage, if possible. This will help support your claim.
- Be prepared to answer questions about the extent of the damage and what was the reason behind your damage like an accidental drop or accident or like that.
Know what to do if your claim is denied
If your claim is denied, there are a few things you can do:
- Appeal the decision.
- Gather more evidence to support your claims like images and video
- Contact your local Apple Authorized center.
- Submit a new claim.
- Try a different method of repair. or find any 3rd party repair shop but remember it may void your warranty and apple will revoke the support for your device.
Be prepared to pay your deductible
If you have AppleCare+ with water damage coverage, be prepared to pay your service fee of $99 – $300 depends upon severity of the damage caused due to water damage.
Also, Apple does not provide warranty or coverage to water damage, so there is no means to use Apple Care+ if you think your device is damaged due to water here are few things that you can check or the service center checks to ensure whether the device is water damaged or not.
Examining the Liquid Contact Indicator built into your iPhone is the best method to determine if it has water damage (LCI). It is a white or silver strip that, when in contact with water, becomes red.
- AppleCare+ for Mac includes up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage. In addition, AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and adds up to two incidents of theft or loss coverage, each subject to a service fee of $149.
- AppleCare+ for iPhone and iPad extends your coverage to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage.
- When it comes to the iPhone XS and XS Max, Applecare+ offers an additional year of warranty coverage at $199 for each phone.
- For Apple (out-of-warranty devices which include water damage) it costs $399 for iPhone 11, and $449 for iPhone X.
How To Book An Appointment?
This is the process that you can use to book house repairs
- Navigate to Apple’s website. (URL: https://retail.apple.com/geniusbar/)
Scroll down, press the Obtain hardware assistance, and get assistance for your device.
- Choose the device or service for which you require assistance. For now, we’ll choose iPhone and select liquid damage and repair.
- Select Repairs and Physical, then your problem, or select “The topic is not listed.” If you select “Topic is not listed,” describe your problem before clicking continue.
- Choose “Bring in for Repair.”
- Your Apple ID and password will be required.
- Choose your location. You can look up by city, zip code, or name. You can also look through all Apple retail locations.
- Choose a date and time, then an Apple Store location.
- Your reservation will then be confirmed.
What Services Does Apple+ Cover?
AppleCare+ is an extended warranty for Apple products that not only extends the original warranty’s coverage for a longer amount of time but also includes accidental breakage protection. Accidental handling damage – caused by an unforeseen and unintended external event, including such drops and liquid contact.
How To Apply For Repair/Replacement?
If your device is non – responsive, your Mac display is cracked, your phone’s homepage is not working, etc., you can schedule a Help Desk appointment. If you live too far away from an Apple Store, you can make an appointment with an Apple Authorized Service provider.
In conclusion, it is important to remember a few key things when submitting a water damage claim with AppleCare+. First, be sure to take plenty of pictures of the damage and keep all receipts and proof of purchase. Next, contact AppleCare+ as soon as possible after the damage occurs. And finally, be prepared to pay the deductible. By following these simple tips, you can ensure a smooth and successful claims process.