Do you know why soundbars are so popular? Soundbars are incredibly popular and well-known for a reason they provide significantly superior audio quality than your TV; when we compare it with regular speakers, Soundbars enhance the audio on your Tv in a more powerful, direct, and high-quality way so that your living room won’t need to make room for six boxes of speakers. Instead, the soundbar subtly resides beneath the Tv and provides you with a good-quality sound.
The best part of having a soundbar is that some of the top soundbars available today don’t cost a fortune, as our list below shows the best cheap Dolby atmos soundbar, so you can easily make a positive difference to how you watch TV and movies. First, let us tell you what Dolby atmos exactly is.
What is Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos, along with its counterpart DTS:X, is a method of capturing and reproducing surround sound that enables audio mixers to manage any sound you hear, from a buzzing bee to a fighter aircraft, as an independent sound object.
Including the above speakers and this object-based control makes it feasible to move a single sound wherever in space without affecting any other soundtrack elements, such as the background music or the conversation. If you have the correct equipment, Dolby Atmos Soundbar at home can sound just as thrilling.
Do you want to discover which Dolby Atmos soundbars will improve the audio on your TV? To assist you in selecting the model that is ideal for you, we’ve included a list of the top Dolby Atmos soundbars we’ve recently tested in various pricing ranges.
Here know more about Dolby Atmos:
Features of Dolby Atmos Soundbar
Here we have listed the most popular features and how they could improve your pleasure of a Dolby Atmos soundbar are listed below.
- DTS: X Compatibility: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X are comparable; however, not all soundbars are compatible. You should check if your soundbar supports DTS: X and Dolby Atmos if you have a sizable Blu-ray library. While DTS is still more prevalent in the disc-based video, Atmos is presently the most popular 3D surround format on streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video.
- HDMI Connection: Although all Dolby Atmos soundbars receive audio data through HDMI, not all of them include direct ports for connecting a media streamer or Blu-ray player.
- Bluetooth: Even the cheapest soundbars frequently have Bluetooth, though not all models do. If you wish to stream audio from your Android phone, make sure the soundbar offers this.
- 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision: Make sure your soundbar can transmit all of these audio formats to your TV if you want to plug in streaming or disc players that support 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision. Recheck the specifications to see if your soundbar can support 4K and HDR10 but not Dolby Vision.
- Voice assistants: A voice assistant built into a soundbar is often helpful for controlling music and smart home devices. New soundbars frequently include Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa built-in. You may choose to utilize one of these with the Sonos Arc.
Is Dolby Atmos Soundbar Worth Buying?
Price-wise, Dolby Atmos soundbars are more expensive than many of their rivals. There is a valuable purpose for this, though, so the expense is justified. Upward-firing drivers are used in Dolby Atmos soundbars. This indicates that they support height channels, so you may enjoy genuine surround sound and resemble a theater-quality experience more closely.
You can select an atmos soundbar that suits your audio demands, style, and budget because it comes in various sizes, shapes, and channel combinations. No matter where you put it, the soundbar is very simple to install, and your possibilities are virtually endless.
Best Cheap Dolby Atmos Soundbar
Budget soundbars sometimes fail to accurately reproduce the theatrical sounds you’re used to in a theater, and most of them cannot handle Dolby Atmos. Sony HTA700 soundbars, on the other hand, can provide an outstanding Atmos sound without squeezing through your savings like soundbars like the Sonos Beam Gen 2 and VIZIO’s SB36512-F6.
The top affordable soundbars that strike a balance between price and quality have been identified here:
1. Sony HT-A7000
The Sony HTA700 Dolby Atmos soundbar bundles five front-facing drivers, two beam tweeters, two up-firing speakers, a built-in dual subwoofer, and a 7.1.2-inch slab into a single chassis.
- The Sony HT-A700 achieves a wide and high soundstage while maintaining melody, presence, and detail using a mix of driver positioning and psychoacoustic approaches, whether you’re watching immersive material or not.
- The Sony HTA7000 distinguishes itself with its broad support for audio formats, which includes Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, LPCM, high-res wireless audio, and Sony 360 Reality Audio.
- The Sony HTA7000 is as jam-packed with streaming functionality as it is with speakers, supporting Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast, and integration into a multi-room system with support for Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home.
2. Sonos Beam 2 Wireless Soundbar
The Sonos Beam Gen 2 adds a layer to the sound you don’t receive with a conventional soundbar while playing Atmos video from streaming sources.
- It can work with a wireless multi-room system crucial to its conception.
- It is simple to set up and operate, and you can effortlessly connect the soundbar to your TV thanks to HDMI eARC.
- Spotify Connect is integrated, and you may broadcast with the Sonos Beam Gen 2 from a mobile device via Apple AirPlay 2.
3. VIZIO 36-inch 5.1.2-Channel Soundbar
VIZIO 36-inch Soundbar System with 5.1.2 Channels includes a Wireless subwoofer for low-frequency impact. It can decode Dolby and DTS signals, including Dolby Atmos, and is intended to improve sound quality over standard TV speakers.
- Vizio includes two distinct back speakers with upward-facing drivers, a 6-inch wireless subwoofer, and a soundbar with good audio quality.
- While Bluetooth functionality is retained, Wi-Fi streaming is lost. This is the most economical method to upgrade your television to support Dolby Atmos.
- Dialogue is delivered clearly via a five-channel sound bar with a dedicated center channel.
- With four up-firing speakers and rear surround speakers, enjoy cinematic surround sound.
- Owners of Google Home or Chromecast also benefit from the ability to use Assistant to manage the Vizios soundbar.
4. Sonos Arc
Sonos Arc is the only soundbar from the company that offers Dolby Atmos with vertical speakers. It costs more than the Beam (Gen 2) and is suitable for TVs more significant than 55 inches. Wall mounting attachments are optional.
- The Sonos Arc employs 11 drivers, some of which are upward-firing, to provide your soundfield.
- Touch-sensitive play/pause and volume buttons on the bar, as well as LEDs that show the status and whether the built-in Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa is active.
- Experience games, movies, and television shows in 3D sound thanks to Dolby Atmos’ precise and immersive audio.
- Perfectly tuned – Enhanced Trueplay tuning technology optimizes the sound for the particular room’s acoustics.
5. LG S95QR
With a whopping 17 drivers arranged in a 9.1.5 arrangement, the LG S95QR is the company’s top-of-the-line Dolby Atmos soundbar. It comes in a bundle with the main soundbar, a wireless subwoofer, and two wireless rear speakers.
- With 570 watts for a powerful home theater setup, immerse yourself in breathtaking surround sound with 5.1.3 channels and clearly understand every word of conversation with an upfiring center channel.
- Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, AirPlay 2, and Chromecast are built into the S95QR.
- Thanks to Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa compatibility, you can manage your streaming service, change the sound mode, and adjust the volume with your voice.
- The LG S95QA is LG’s first soundbar to offer IMAX Enhanced, which employs a modified version of DTS: X and handles Dolby Atmos and DTS:X immersive sound formats.
- Two extra HDMI passthrough connectors offer gaming capabilities like (VRR) and optical and USB inputs for hardwired connections (ALLM).
What is the cost of a Dolby Atmos soundbar?
Up to several thousand dollars might be spent on a Dolby Atmos soundbar. It depends on whether or not you want more sophisticated technologies, accessories, and functions. Dolby Atmos soundbars, like the top choice on our list, may still be purchased for around $200.
Are Dolby Atmos soundbars worth the price?
If you care about sound quality, a Dolby Atmos soundbar is worthwhile. This is the closest thing to a cinematic experience at home.
What is the ideal connection for a Dolby Atmos soundbar?
Dolby Atmos needs HDMI to function. HDMI is the best answer. The only method to send a signal from your Dolby Atmos material to your AV receiver or soundbar is over HDMI, regardless of whether it originates from a Blu-ray disc, streaming device, or even a built-in app on your TV.
There are now a variety of models to fit most budgets, thanks to the recent influx of Dolby Atmos soundbars into the market. The number of driver units used by soundbars also tends to increase as you spend more money.
If you enjoy viewing your favorite TV series and movies in your home theatre, it’s worth considering one of the finest Dolby Atmos soundbars. Nowadays, most leading audio companies, including LG, Samsung, Sonos, Sony, and others, provide soundbars with Dolby Atmos built-in.
Since, we are talking about soundbars, let us tell you some top Sony Soundbars here: What is the Best Sony TV Soundbar in 2023