Do you play guitar? Cool! Then you must know the importance of a defined bass. Defined bass will help you hear the instrumental details more precisely in the tune.
But if you listen to music with thundering bass, that too without a headphone, it could cause problems in your neighborhood. There is a better option than to shake up the whole neighborhood while practicing your guitar or listening to music, which is to wear a pair of headphones with higher bass.
Here’s a list of the Best Headphones for Bass Guitar below that comprises of different headphones at different price ranges, being of great quality, and having high bass.
12 Best Headphones for Bass Guitar in 2023 (Reviews & Guide)
1. Sony WH-XB910N Extra BASS
This headphone comes in two colors with extra Bass and noise cancellation which provides you with the best experience while you are playing your guitar. This elevates the bass and gives you each and every detail you need to hear any music.
This also supports Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity technology and has over-ear placement. This has the best feature you could possibly want in your headphone. Its built-in Alexa lets you command and know the time, the weather, and the news without having to talk to your phone with your hand while you’re busy with your music. It lets you call hands free hence you do not have to move a lot while you’re practicing.
- It has dual noise cancellation for intense music delivery.
- It has pumped with extra bass for deep and punchy sounds.
- It has a quick charging feature there 10 minutes of charge provides 4.5 hours of playtime. The headphone works up to 30 hours after a single full charge.
- The headphone can be paired with two devices simultaneously and switched between each other adding a touch of a button.
- It is the quick attention mode over there right here cup to deactivate noise cancellation or turn down music volume.
- It has a control touch panel on each side of the headphone.
- It enables hands-free calling.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said, “I listen to a wide range of music but mostly EDM and this headphone is made for that genre…….With the control, you turn up the bass when you want to and turn it down when you want something more relaxing. Decent highs and mids. Good overall headphone but it’s not for you unless you prefer brain-rattling bass like me.”
2. KLH Ultimate One Open Back
It has an open back with over-ear placement. This is wired connectivity technology. It produces premium studio music with help of its high fidelity beryllium drivers and deep bass production of sound. This is best if you’re a professional looking for qualities in a headphone that are more sound based. It has a 3.5 mm jack to connect to the device or the music source. You can not only use it with your guitar but you can also use it with your keyboard. You can replace your pads whenever it is out of using condition.
- It is lightweight and comfortable.
- It has 50 mm, pure beryllium drivers.
- The headband and earpads are made up of premium lambskin and top-grade cowhide leathers along with a dual layer. The materials also provide maximum durability.
- It comes with two meters detachable and 3.5mm pure litz braided cable.
- It has word connectivity technology.
- It is a solid and real zebrawood ear cup for mesmerizing beauty and acoustic integrity.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “Besides the beautifully accurate sound reproduced by these KLH Ultimate One headphones, I was particularly drawn to the fact that their relatively low impedance (33.8 ohm) is effectively driven by my iPhone 13 via a wired connection at acceptable volume levels-without an external amplifier. However, I’m still shopping for a mobile external amplifier for certain high volume/heavy bass music that would benefit from it.“
3. Silensys E7
This is a headphone that has active noise cancellation and Bluetooth connectivity technology. It is quite fancy and also it comes with different vibrant colors. It has a very cheap price and is budget-friendly. Its deep bass along with the noise cancellation can give you an immersive check when you’re hearing music or audio.
It has a huge amount of playing time so you can use it during work or travel to listen to music. The headphone is extremely comfortable and also has a 3.5 mm jack and USB connectivity which lets you listen to music even after the battery has run out.
- It has active noise cancellation to reduce aviation and noisy environments. It also provides you with uninterrupted music sessions that could be used during travel, homeless, meetings, workout for online classes, and when you are listening to music on the great bass.
- It has a comfortable over-ear and soft ear cushion made of protein leather and memory foam. It is also lightweight and comfortable for all-day wear. It has durable 90-degree rotating ear cups. The headbands are also covered with cushions and padded.
- It has 45mm large-aperture drivers which produce superior sound and crystal clarity with a very balanced deep bass response.
- It has a premium built-in microphone and Bluetooth 5.0 technology. It is simple pairing with Bluetooth-enabled devices and a high-quality microphone to deliver and catch your voice correctly and with clarity thus giving you hands-free conversations.
- It is 30 hours of playtime powered by the built-in 750mAh battery.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “Overall, I am really amazed at the sound quality of these headphones. The frequency range and clarity are fine and they are very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Noise cancellation is very good also, it reduces virtually all of the ambient room noise. In fact, I have occasionally used these with no music playing to quieten the room when I was reading.”
4. Sennheiser Professional HD 280 Pro
This is a high-quality headphone that you can get for an affordable price. It comes in four different combos. It is a wired headphone with over-ear placement and stereo sound to immerse you into the music and give you a deep feel.
This is a headphone for professionals with circumaural ear cushions. It has deep bass all to deliver all the details in the music. As it is wired, it would be best if you buy these headphones for using it in your home or workplace or in a stable place. Using these headphones while traveling on bass or train can be difficult.
- It produces stereo sound to give the most immersive feeling to the music.
- It has accurate, linear, sound production.
- It has soft earpads.
- It has a comfortable fit.
- It is easy to transport due to the collapsible swiveling ear cups.
- It has a durable single-sided cable.
- It has aggressive noise isolation.
- It is dynamic and has a closed back.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “I’ve owned a pair of these for nearly three years now and they still sound and work great. It was only just this week that the earpads began to fall apart, but I was able to get replacement ones for a little under $20.”
5. Anker Soundcore Life Q20
This is a hybrid active noise canceling headphones with over-the-ear placement and wireless connectivity technology. It can also be attached to a USB cable as it has a 3.5mm Jack. It is high-res audio. It provides high-quality sound along with very good comfortability which lets you wear the headphone for a longer period. It also has a very long play time that you can use without getting interrupted due to power off.
- It has a 40mm large dynamic driver to produce Hi-Res sound.
- The headphone has active noise canceling to stop any outward noise from entering your music session and produce more extended high-frequency music extended for clarity and detail.
- It reduces ambient noise by up to 90%.
- It has four built-in ANC microphones and a digital active noise cancellation algorithm. The hybrid non-active cancellation detection cancels a wider range of low and mid-frequency noises.
- It has 100% stronger bass with the help of exclusive BassUp technology to conduct analysis of low frequencies and strengthen the bus output. You can simply double press the play button for an amplified listening experience for bass-heavy genres like EDM and hip hop.
- It has 40 hours of playtime during which ANC is switched on and 60 hours of playtime with active noise cancellation switched off.
- Memory foam is used to make earcups.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “They do have a bass-up feature that increases the bass a little more. This works well without muddying the sound quality too much.”
6. Beyerdynamic DT 240 Pro
This is another headphone at an affordable price that is mainly made for monitoring. It has a compact over-the-ear placement and wired connectivity technology. This headphone like other Beyerdynamic headphones meets the needs of creative and professional users. It is perfect for producers, podcasters, filmmakers, and bassists. It also supports professional sound tuning.
- It has powerful sound transducers.
- It has clean bass, vivid midrange, and defined treble.
- It is high ambient noise isolation and minimum spillover providing optimum headphones for mobile monitor applications and loud environments.
- It is lightweight and med in the ergonomic design. The headband and the soft ear pad comfort provide a higher level of comfort.
- The headband is made up of spring steel, aluminum yokes, and reinforced cables.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “These have a very neutral and flat sound with a bit more emphasis on the top end. People say that there isn’t any bass but that’s more of a personal preference thing because there IS bass but it is much more rich than loud. Mids are very clean, vocals can be a bit distorted depending on what you listen to but for the price it’s great. Sound stage is pretty average, don’t really get much sound in front or behind but there is some.”
7. Sony WH – 1000M4
It is an industry reading noise-canceling headphones. It has over-ear placement and wireless connectivity technology.
Along with the ANC, the built-in Alexa makes the use of this headphone much more fun. It has premium features in it including multi-device pairing and a carry case with cable.
- It has premium noise cancellation to listen to your music uninterrupted. It has dual noise sensor technology.
- The presence of a built-in mic in it provides hands-free calling and gives you freedom of movement.
- It has speak-to-chat technology which reduces volume during conversations automatically.
- It is wearing detection present in ear cups which causes playback when headphones are removed.
- It has good working hours of 30 hours along with having a fast charging feature in which 10 minutes of charge provides 5 hours playback time.
- Touch sensor controls are present in ear cups not to play skip tracks, control volume, activate your Voice Assistant, and answer phone calls.
- It provides superior quality and precise voice pick-up.
- When it comes to music the headphone provides next-level audio with Edge-AI.
- It has quick attention mode and ambient sound control.
- The headphones come in two colors and have a foldable design.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “The bass is noticeable, and quite deep. You will clearly hear the thump of a drum, but still somewhat tight. The deep bass on some of the Billie Eilish tracks is impressive. The bass is not so excessive though that it drowns out mid or high frequencies. Music sounds good with individual instruments clearly identified.”
8. Sennheiser HD 800S
This headphone along with its high quality also has an insane price tag hanging with it. This is an audiophile reference headphone with ring radiator drivers, open back ear cups with over your placement, and wired connectivity technology.
It comes with a 2-year warranty. The product is well built and a bit bulky. It is an extremely luxurious headphone with comfortable microfiber ear and headband padding.
- It has an open circumaural dynamic stereo headphone.
- It provides a realistic and natural sound field along with minimal resonance.
- It has the biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to date.
- It has uncovered earcups for acoustic and stylistic reasons.
- It is equipped with a metal headband and inner damping element.
- It is handcrafted earpads made of high-quality microfiber fabric.
- Special high-precision headphone connectors are present.
- It has a specially tuned symmetrical impedance matching cable with low capacitance.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “As for the overall sound quality, it is what I expected out of Sennheiser – bright and super clear but not strident, firm and defined lows, rich mids that are beautifully balanced but with a tad bit more emphasis on the high-mids.”
9. Audio – Technica ATH M50X
This is a Professional Studio Monitor headphone. The headphone is a professional grade and critically acclaimed. It offers an excellent sort of sound isolation. The headphone is going to be great for you if you are a professional bassist and also are looking for a headphone that supports you with your music.
- It is a professional monitor headphone with critically acclaimed Sonic performance.
- It delivers play-a sound with exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bus response. It can be used for studio, life, DJ, and personal use.
- It offers excellent sound isolation provided the circumaural design controls the sound and protects it from interruptions in music sessions in loud environments.
- It is 90 degrees fairly ear cups for easy use. This heals you do one ear monitoring but your crops are also collapsible and it’s travel friendly.
- It provides a comfortable fit for hours and given its great earpad and headband material.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “the bass is full and allows me to mix with confidence, love the plug in then lock in place removable aux cord function. really prevents having to replace and entire set of headphones due to an issue with one aux cord.”
10. Sony MDR7506
It is a headphone with a large diaphragm. This has wired connectivity technology over ear placement. You can buy it with a USB or with a case. It comes in black. It has high-quality sound production and externalizes interference.
- It is a high-quality, unobstructed, lightweight return ticket home.
- It is 40 millimeter PET diaphragm and neodymium magnet which provides performance exceeding the requirements.
- It has 9.8 feet with a gold plated plug that is not detectable and a one-by-fourth-inch adapter included.
- It has a closed ear designed to provide comfort and outstanding reduction of external noise to deliver you a premium experience of immersive music.
- The frequency response is from 10 hertz to 20 kilohertz.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “I love these headphones. They have fantastic sound, and are great for blocking everything out. The only issue I have with them is they essentially function as earmuffs as well.”
11. STATUS AUDIO CB – 1
These noise-canceling headphones have over-ear placement and wired connectivity technology. It has an affordable price and you can get it for a discount from Amazon. It is recommended by many top musicians, producers, and audio engineers. It is versatile from both inside the studio and out. It can be used for mixing audio or live tracking. It also provides audiophile playback, paired with external DAC and Amps.
- These headphones are industry standard in recording studios. It has the most discerning audiophiles on the web as well as top technology editors.
- It has 50mm, large drivers, studio sound quality audio, and a wide expensive sound stage to provide immersive sound quality.
- The headphone has a padded headband and overstuffed ear pads to provide extreme compatibility for long hours of use. The over-the-ear design of headphones encloses the ears and offers passive noise canceling. It is an adjustable headband.
- It has two cables included along with a 1/4th adapter. Both the cables are 9 feet audio cables: one is coiled another straight. They have a custom locking mechanism that gives them a set attached to the headphone. The CB-1 is compatible with any 3.5 mm audio cable.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “The bass on the CB1 is tight, and full.”
12. V-MODA Crossfade M-100
It is a noise-isolating metal headphone. It comes in two colors and it’s foldable making it portable. It is placed over the year and has wired connectivity technology.
It is lightweight and provides supreme comfort with the help of its ergonomic design and soft cushions. It also provides extreme durability for harsh use and versatility along with style.
- It is equipped with passive noise cancellation.
- It has a button and easy to speak mic cable along with a sharply audio cable.
- It has superior durability with the help of a virtually indestructible steel flex headband which is covered with vegan leather it has adjustable clamping. The headphone has a steel frame and exoskeleton form-fitting case.
- It is resistant to high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray, and UV exposure.
- It is optional custom shield kits, detachable cables, and optional cables and cushions.
- Ergosoft foam cushions and exotic materials have been used to provide supreme comfort and natural sound isolation along with sturdiness.
Pros and Cons
A Reviewer said “Bass is chunky without being muddy and doesn’t flood the mids and highs which are well represented. Sound reproduction is accurate and really pleasing to my lugholes.”
Things to look for before buying a headphone with heavy bass for bassists:
- The connectivity technology.
- It has extra bass.
- It has noise cancellation or isolation.
- It is comfortable to wear.
Why is heavy bass required in a headphone?
Bass suppresses the environmental noise and delivers clearer sound quality with instrumental details. This helps the bassist with their music.
Can overpowering bass destroy hearing capability?
Yes, using heavy bass headphones at a loud volume can cause a hearing problem.
Can bass destroy headphones?
Yes, if heavy bass is played for too long at a high volume the vibrations caused by it can make the drivers work harder. Bass overpowers other components of sound.
A few of the headphones in this list are of very high price while the others are budget-friendly. If you want a headphone with which has all over features you can go for the first headphone. All the headphones above have great bass. Click the links to reach the amazon pages and buy the one you think serves your purpose the best.
You can also check out: 9 Best DJ Headphones in 2023