You’re ready to hit the tanning salon and show off your summer body. But before you go, you have one question: can you wear Airpods in the tanning bed?
So, Let’s find out whether we can wear airpods while getting a tan or there is any side effects to our body. Let’s go.
Can You Wear Airpods In Tanning Bed?
You’re probably wondering if it’s safe to wear your AirPods in a tanning bed. Well, wonder no more! We researched so you don’t have to.
There are Yes and No to this question the radiation from a tanning bed does cause damage to the Airpods due to constant heat and being small in size it can’t cool itself quickly as well as being in use for a long time in ears during tanning can also cause malfunctions like low battery or Airpods getting restarted automatically.
Also, keep in mind Airpods are not waterproof yes they are IP-rated means they are sweat resistant but they aren’t used to being submerged in water. So, if you are thinking to swim after tanning then you keep the AirPods away, else you have to file a warranty claim after a swim session.
And, if you’re planning for a long period of tanning sessions then keep these things in mind:-
Wearing Airpods on a Tanning Bed
You can wear Airpods in the Tanning bed but the mesmerizing blue light you look inside the tanning bed is not for aesthetics. They are UV lights and White earpods and UV rays don’t go quite well over a period of time also they aren’t built to handle that amount of heat produced.
If you are concerned about exposure to heat and UV light, you can purchase a pair of tanning goggles that have built-in headphones. This will allow you to listen to music or audiobooks while you tan, without exposing your AirPods to direct heat and light or straight-forward damaging it.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Doing So?
You’re in the middle of a tanning session, and you start to feel a little bit… itchy. What’s going on? Oh right, you’re wearing AirPods and now your ears are feeling red and itchy why? This is because of sweat.
The answer is yes – you can wear AirPods in a tanning bed without any negative effects. However, exposure of AirPods to the heat can damage the electronics inside the device also the sweat released at the time of tanning can cause infections to your ears as well.
In addition, it’s important to keep in mind that tanning beds emit harmful UV rays that can increase your risk of skin cancer. So while you can technically wear AirPods in a tanning bed, it’s not exactly the smartest idea from a health perspective.
How to Wear Airpods in a Tanning Bed?
You’re probably wondering if it’s safe to wear your AirPods in a tanning bed. The answer is yes – as long as you follow a few simple guidelines.
- First, make sure your AirPods are completely charged before you hit the tanning bed.
- Also, limit your AirPods usage in the tanning bed long duration use can cause issues in your ears so limit the usage to 30 minutes.
- If you feel itchiness or redness in your ear or feel your ears are swelling remove the Airpods and get out of the tanning bed quickly as the plastic of the AirPods might not suit you due to extreme exposure to heat of the tanning bed.
Is Airpods Safe to Wear in a Tanning Bed?
As long as you’re not blasting music and not using it for a longer period of time you’re in the green zone and as the AirPods are sweat resistant don’t need to worry about sweat pouring out from your body.
Can UV Radiation Harm AirPods?
UV radiation, specifically UVA radiation, can cause damage to your AirPods over time since it penetrates deeply into the skin. This eventually damages your DNA, which is why you should only wear them inside tanning beds for short periods of time. So, yes, they can be harmed by UVA/UVB rays, just like any other electronic device that isn’t designed to withstand the elements.
Are There Any Other Precautions I Should Take When Wearing Airpods in a Tanning Bed?
You’re in the sun-soaked final stages of your tanning session And thinking to change the soundtrack of the AirPods but realized they are heating like the sun and you start considering your choice was that good thinking to take to the tanning bed? Let us help you with the precaution to take.
Also, Tanning beds can reach temperatures of up to 102 degrees Fahrenheit (39 degrees Celsius); however, short-term exposure in a tanning bed will not cause AirPods to overheat. So if you’re planning on wearing your AirPods in a tanning bed on a regular basis, it might be a good idea to invest in a pair of wireless headphones that are specifically designed for use in tanning beds.
The Pros and Cons of Wearing Airpods In Tanning Bed
- Enjoyment: Wearing AirPods in a tanning bed can enhance the user’s experience and make time go by faster by allowing them to listen to their favorite music, audiobooks, or podcasts.
- Convenience: AirPods are wireless and small, making them easy to carry around and use in a tanning bed.
- Privacy: Wearing AirPods can provide privacy and allow the user to tune out any unwanted noise in the tanning bed.
- Multitasking: Wearing AirPods allows the user to multitask and complete other activities while tanning, such as checking emails or making phone calls.
- Aesthetics: Wearing AirPods can add a fashionable look to the user while tanning.
- Health risks: Wearing AirPods in a tanning bed can cause potential harm to the ears due to the high level of UV radiation emitted by tanning beds.
- Damage to AirPods: The high temperature in a tanning bed can damage the AirPods’ batteries and electronics, reducing their lifespan.
- Reduced effectiveness: Wearing AirPods in a tanning bed may reduce the effectiveness of the tanning session, as the earbuds may block some of the UV rays from reaching the ears and face.
- Inconvenience: Wearing AirPods may be inconvenient, as the user may have to remove them to adjust the tanning bed or reapply sunscreen.
- Interference with salon equipment: Some salons prohibit the use of personal electronic devices due to the potential for interference with their tanning bed equipment.
Precautions to Take
- Never wear headphones for more than 10-30 minutes in a session.
- Always check the temperature of the tanning bed to guarantee a secure session while using headphones.
- If you want to hear your favorite music while tanning, use the lower exposure bed. Although it could take some time, your body and headphones will be protected.
- Be sure to read the safety instructions that come with any wireless headphones before using them while tanning.
- Stop using the headphones and see a doctor if you develop any itching, redness, or blistering while using the headphones.
How to Clean AirPods After Using Them in a Tanning Bed
After a wonderful session in the tanning bed, you got yourself a shower then why don’t give your little AirPods a Clean-off?
- For the cleanup, you may need a few items which include paper towels, Q-tips, and a little bit of Alcohol(Iso-propyl is not for drinking purposes of course).
- Now take your tiny-winy earpods and gave them an alcohol bath and remove the dirt and stains with the help of a paper towel and q tips when you are assured there is no wax or stains are there on them.
- Give it another bath and wipe it with a clean cloth and let them dry and that’s good as new.
How Can You Protect Your Airpods in a Tanning Bed?
Apple has confirmed that AirPods are safe to use in a tanning bed, and there have been no confirmed cases of AirPods being damaged by exposure to heat or UV rays. In fact, AirPods will actually continue to work even if they’re briefly exposed to direct sunlight. So go ahead and pop your AirPods in before you hit the tanning bed—you have nothing to worry about!
Also, check the discussion on apple page here.
Will my Airpods get damaged if I wear them in a tanning bed?
Well, it depends upon you first thing to remember is AirPods are not built like that to handle that much heat and stress. If you are like many audiophiles who can’t live without music consider buying a speaker and using it while tanning.
Can Earpods get overheated?
Yes, Tanning beds can reach temperatures of up to 102 degrees Fahrenheit (39 degrees Celsius); however, short-term exposure in a tanning bed will not cause AirPods to overheat.
If you do choose to wear AirPods in a tanning bed, make sure they’re secure and won’t fall out. You don’t want to lose them – or worse, have them melt in the tanning bed!
At the end of the day, it’s up to you whether you want to wear AirPods in a tanning bed. Just make sure you’re aware of the risks involved and keep yourself safe while tanning.