I have recently bought an LG Soundbar on the recommendation of my friends. I heard good things about it, and it was pretty affordable as well. However, when I got down to connecting it to my TV, I found that the process was actually quite confusing for me.
There were so many different ways to connect it and I just could not figure any of them out. However, I assure you that you will have no such issue because I have got all the answers you need right here! Here is the answer to “how to connect LG Soundbar to TV?”
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV
There are actually quite a few ways using which you can connect your LG Soundbar to your TV. They have all been written below.
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV using HDMI
Often, HDMI produces the best outcomes and is one of the easiest to set up as well. It responds quickly with little to no degradation in quality. If you don’t have one already, you can buy one for a terrific deal right here.
Setting it up is also rather simple, and all you need to do is follow the simple steps below.
- From the HDMI OUT port on the LG Soundbar’s back, connect an HDMI ARC cable to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Change your Soundbar’s input or feature to the appropriate HDMI one (if needed).
- Find the settings or options by going to the sound menu on your TV. Ensure that the HDMI option is chosen.
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV using Optical Cable
Using an optical cable is also a very easy option, and we definitely recommend it. Just follow these simple steps we have mentioned below:
- Choose the appropriate LG Soundbar function.
- Connect the LG Soundbar’s Optical IN to your TV’s Optical Audio OUT.
- Choose Optical OUT or the LG Soundbar from the TV’s Sound options by going to your TV’s settings (if available).
- Your work is done, and your Soundbar is now connected!
How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV using WiFi
Now, this is a method that may not be available with every LG Soundbar model and TV for that matter. Some models of the LG Soundbar do not have the ability to connect through WiFi. The same goes for TVs, and some older generations’ TVs cannot connect using WiFi.
So make sure to read up on the model of the LG Soundbar you own carefully, to determine whether this is an option you can explore. Once you have done that, the process is quite simple, and all you need to do is follow these easy steps below.
- Go to Sound OUT in the menu on your Soundbar and switch the selected option to SoundSync (Wireless).
- It will look for a working device. Choose the option of your TV.
- Change the LG TV to the LG sound input method.
- Verify that the LG Soundbar is selected in your TV’s sound settings rather than the regular speakers.
How to connect LG Soundbar to TV using RCA Cable
Choosing an RCA or 3.5 mm aux cable is a sensible choice to take into consideration if you’re looking for a means to incorporate your LG soundbar into your old television set. Regular audiophiles find them to be very useful because they are also reasonably priced and affordable.
To connect your LG Soundbar to the TV using an RCA Cable, follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Connect these wires to the TV unit’s digital output.
- A few setup instructions will appear on the screen, all you have to do is follow them.
- That is it, your LG Soundbar has connected to your TV!
Keep in mind that most modern TVs and soundbars support WiFi or HDMI connections, which may be an easier option to set up.
How To Connect LG Soundbar To TV using Bluetooth
The majority of LG TVs and soundbars include Bluetooth capabilities. You won’t need a cable with this to synchronize the devices. All you have to do to establish a connection is select an audio device from the list.
However, earlier models do not support Bluetooth.
Connecting your LG Soundbar to the TV is a very simple process that yields some really good results. Just make sure that the devices are always kept close by and that there are not too many Bluetooth devices in the vicinity.
All you have to do is follow these easy steps mentioned below:
- When Bluetooth or B.T. appear on the screen, turn on your Soundbar and push the function button.
- The Bluetooth button and light should begin to flash. On some models, you might have to keep holding the button.
- Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Sound Out on your TV after turning it on.
- Select LG Sound Sync Bluetooth. Then, pick the correct device.
- Your connection has been established!
How To Connect LG Soundbar To TV using the Headphone Jack
Our resident audiophiles advise against using the headphone jack unless you have no other option. This configuration can support the connection with some TVs and LG soundbars. But you won’t be able to change the sound effects, and the level of quality can differ.
All you have to do is connect the LG Soundbar to the TV by plugging the wire into the headphone jack. It is probably better than you to exercise some other option mentioned above.
How to connect LG Soundbar to TV using a USB
There aren’t many USB ports on a Soundbar, and they’re not actually for audio anyhow. The correct port won’t always be present, nor will your TV always be able to read it.
However, if this is still something you want to do, you could try the following actions:
- Connect the TV and the Soundbar’s USB ports.
- Pick the appropriate Soundbar function.
- Choose the appropriate TV sound setting.
USB is used for data rather than just audio. Although it might appear to work, connections via HDMI, Bluetooth, Wireless, and Optical are considerably better. Additional data, perhaps firmware upgrades, are stored on the Soundbar’s USB, and you can use USBs for that instead.
You can also check this video guide if you are having trouble understanding these instructions on how to connect LG Soundbar to the TV.
What is the best way to connect my LG soundbar to my TV?
An HDMI cable is the ideal connection method for your LG soundbar and TV. You can expect flawless audio transmission and high-quality sound thanks to its capacity to handle high-definition audio formats like Dolby Atmos and TrueHD. You could alternatively consider using a wireless or Bluetooth connection for convenience and simple configuration.
How do I connect my LG soundbar to my TV without cables?
Through Bluetooth, you may link your LG soundbar to your TV without using any cables. As you may already be aware, only soundbar and television models equipped with the most recent wireless technology can be set up in this manner. If you’re integrating an old device, though, establishing an audio and visual connection without cables is probably not possible.
Does LG Soundbar work with any TV?
Yes, an LG Soundbar is compatible with any TV that has an optical output!
There are multiple ways to connect your LG Soundbar to your TV, regardless of the brand of the TV. The best method for you is the one for which you have the resources, and find easy to follow. You have all the methods mentioned above, so you can make an informed decision!
If you have recently bought an LG TV, you can connect multiple soundbars to it. However, how do you know which is the best one? Well, we have the answers for you! Click on this link to find out the 7 Best Soundbars for LG TV in 2023.