Lost your Airpod case? Need help finding your lost Airpod Case? Well, you have stumbled upon the right place to know about every option you have right now.
We have mentioned all the ways you can try to find your lost Airpod case and also we have listed various loss prevention techniques just for you. We hope you can easily find your Airpod case after reading this article.
Use the “Find My” app on your iPhone
The “Find My” app on your iPhone can be a lifesaver for you if you have lost your iPod. But, remember that this trick only works if you have the AirPods near their case. There need to be both or at least one of the AirPods in the case or near the case. If you have at least a macOS Catalina version then you can use the “Find My” app on your Mac. If you have lost your Airpods Pro 2 then you need to upgrade your Mac to macOS Ventura.
Follow these steps to locate your lost AirPod case:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Check under the devices listed and select the option which shows your AirPod.
- Check if there is a green dot next to the Airpod’s name. The green dot shows that the Airpod case is in close range to your Airpod or that the Airpods are inside that case.
- Tap on the option and then you can play sound or find it if it is nearby.
- If you see a gray dot beside the name then this suggests that the case is offline because the Airpods are not inside them and the Airpods are also not near it.
- Tap on the option with a gray dot and you will only be able to know its last known location when it was online. In that case, you will an idea of where you might have left it.
Unfortunately, if your AirPod case is offline you will not be able to find it precisely. You have to find the last known location and struggle on your own to find the case.
Precision finding on the Airpods Pro (2nd Generation)
Apple AirPods Pro(2nd Generation) has Apple’s U1 chip installed inside the case. This is an Ultra-Wideband chip and uses precision tracking to track lost AirPod cases which are in the range of 15 to 30 feet. This same chip is used in Apple Airtags and uses Bluetooth and GPS to locate lost devices.
If you own an Apple AirPods Pro(2nd Generation) then you can follow these steps to find them:
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Under the Devices option select your Airpods Pro 2.
- Select from here if you want to find the left earbud, right earbud, or case (left and right earbuds only appear when the earbuds are taken out of the case).
- Now, tap on the find option.
- You can also tap on the play sound option and increase the volume to find your case while getting an audible signal.
Use the “Lost Mode” to find your lost Airpod case
The Lost mode is a revolutionary feature that Apple released with iOS 15. This feature is revolutionary because rather than using your own devices to find lost devices this feature uses the entire iOS network to look out for your lost device.
When you opt-in for this feature a search is conducted through all the iPhones which have also opted into this network. If your AirPods are found in the range of any iPhone within this network you will be sent a message detailing the location of your Airpod.
Remember this feature only works for Airpods and not for the case alone. If the Airpods are in the case then it can be detected by this network.
Also, there is a catch to this trick. The closed Airpod case is considered offline by this network so you can hope that at some point the case might be opened by someone and then the network will show the device online and send you the notification.
To opt-in for this feature follow the below steps:
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Select the name of the Airpods that are missing.
- Tap the “Activate” button under the Mark as a Lost option.
- Tap “Continue”.
- Though this step is optional, add a phone number and/or an email address so that you can receive notifications via them.
- Tap on activate.
How to get a replacement for a lost Airpod case
If all the above options don’t work and you, unfortunately, have the Airpods with the case then you cannot use the Airpod after some time because you need the case to charge the Airpod itself. In that case, you can get a replacement or buy a new Airpod entirely. Getting a replacement for the case is a cheaper option and you get a genuine Apple case or any third-party option.
|Variant||Standard Case||Wireless/MagSafe case|
|Airpods (2nd Generation)||$59||$79|
|Airpods (3rd Generation)||–||$79|
If you are wondering what about the AppleCare+ that you have bought with your AirPods. Well, that does not cover any loss or theft protection. You get lost or theft protection only for your iPhone but with an added fee.
You can also get a third-party Airpod case that might not be a good option considering that Apple’s custom H1 chip will detect a non-Apple product and you might get several connections or charging-related issues.
Prevention from losing your Airpods case
If you cannot find your lost Airpod and the only option you are left with is to buy a new case or an entirely new Airpods set then it is highly recommended to use these loss prevention techniques. These techniques will ensure you won’t lose your Airpods case from next or if you lost them, you can easily find them.
Use an Airpod case cover with an Anti-lost Strap
Using a case cover with an anti-lost strap will help you carry the Airpods by harnessing them to the side of your handbag or backpack. The silicon case comes with shock absorption and will protect your device when it falls on the ground. You can also use the keychain to harness an Apple Airtag with your Airpods.
Use an Airpod case with an Airtag
If you don’t want to harness an Apple Airtag because it might not look good you can use an Apple Airpods case that comes with an Airtag cover.
This is a very handy solution and this case cover comes with a preinstalled Apple Airtag on it which you can easily replace with a new Airtag. If you find it in the market you can also get a cover with Airtag as well as a keychain.
We hope you can now find your lost Airpods and also the loss prevention might have helped you. If you have lost your Bluetooth headphones and want to know about more loss prevention techniques then you can refer to this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I lost my AirPod case?
You can try and use the “Find My” app or the Lost feature. You can also consider a replacement for the Airpod case.
How much does it cost to replace a lost AirPods case?
The Airpods case cost $59 to replace whereas the wireless/MagSafe case cost $79.
Is a lost AirPod case covered under warranty?
The AppleCare+ only covers the iPhone from loss and theft protection. Your Airpod is not covered under loss and theft.