Firestick is great because it lets you access a lot of channels in one place itself. However, what if the firestick remote stops working altogether? You will have to reset the remote in order to connect it to your TV again. So, How to reset a firestick remote?
It is actually quite simple, and you can do so by following just a few simple steps.
How to reset a firestick remote?
Resetting a Fire TV Smart TV Remote, Fire TV Soundbar Remote, Alexa Voice Remote, Alexa Voice Remote Lite, and Alexa Voice Remote
- Disconnect the power cable from your Firestick to ensure a full shutdown, then wait at least 60 seconds.
- On your remote control, press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back buttons for at least 12 seconds.
- After waiting at least five seconds, release the buttons.
- Remove the batteries from your remote, plug your Firestick back in, and wait an additional 60 seconds.
- Replace your remote’s batteries and press the Home button.
After it successfully reconnects, a blue light at the top of the remote will flash on the Fire TV Smart TV Remote, Fire TV Soundbar Remote, and Alexa Voice remote (with volume and power buttons).
Press and hold the Home button for at least another 10 seconds, then try using the remote again if you don’t see the light or it’s still not working.
Resetting the first-generation firestick remote
The Power and Volume buttons on the Fire TV Stick’s first-generation remote are absent, but you can still reset the device by following the instructions.
- After waiting a minute, disconnect the power cord from your Fire TV Stick.
- Press and hold the Left and Menu buttons on your remote control simultaneously for 12 seconds.
- Hold off on the buttons for five seconds.
- Take out the batteries in your remote.
- Wait a minute after plugging in your Fire TV Stick’s power cord for it to switch on.
- Reinstall the batteries in your remote control.
- On the remote, press the Home button.
Resetting the basic firestick remote
Resetting the basic firestick remote is actually quite easy. You just have to follow these simple steps.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Press the Menu button three times while continuing to hold the Home button.
- Release the Home button, then repeatedly press the Menu button nine times.
- Remove the batteries from your remote, unplug your Firestick, and wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Replace the batteries in your remote and plug the Firestick back in.
- After the Firestick’s home screen shows, hold down the Home button for at least 40 seconds.
- Wait a minute for the remote setup to be completed.
If you require some extra help, check out Amazon’s official page to know how to reset the Firestick TV remote.
What to do if my Firestick remote is still not working?
Your remote’s batteries need to be changed. Alkaline batteries are advised for the greatest performance. Bring your remote up to ten feet closer to your device (3 m). Reconnect your gadget to the power source by unplugging the wire or adapter.
How do you sync a fire stick remote?
With your Fire Stick control, hold down the Home button for a few seconds. Release the Home button once the remote’s light starts to blink. Wait for the menu screen to load on your Fire Stick before confirming that the remote was paired. Once the pairing process is finished, certain Fire Stick remote controls will blink a blue LED.
How do I fix an unresponsive remote?
Verify that none of the remote’s buttons are stuck or jammed. The battery connectors for the remote control could be unclean. Place the batteries back into the remote control after removing them and use a cotton bud or soft cloth to wipe the remote control terminals with a tiny solution of alcohol.
If your firestick remote is not working, it is probably not a huge issue, so you need not worry. You can just reset the remote at home easily and you will be fine. If the issue still persists though, you can try contacting customer care.
There are quite a few new brands of headphones in the market, so you may be wanting to buy one. But, beware, some people are saying that headphones can dent your head. To find out if this is really true, check out this article to know the answer to the question Can headphones dent your head? how dangerous it can be?