Hello readers! Be it casual or professional swimming most of you want to add some form of entertainment to it, like music, to keep your practice energetic and joyful.
So today, this article is especially for swimmers who would love to have some music in the water.
Let us first discuss about IPX and IP scaling requirements for water exposure of headphones without damage.
Waterproof or Resistance Scales of Headphones
IP67: This protects the device from dust and immersion in water from 15 centimeters to 1 meter in depth.
IP68: The device is protected from dust and immersion in water for a long time and up to a certain depth.
IPX6: It can resist high pressure and heavy water sprays.
IPX7: It can be submerged up to 1 meter in water for half an hour without any damage.
IPX8: It can be submerged deeper than 1 meter and are best for swimming and other water activities though it may not resist spray water.
And now we shall move on to the list of the Best Waterproof Headphones for Swimming. Though these are mainly designed for swimming, non-swimmers can also use these headphones as they’re waterproof and can be used during other water-related activities.
11 Best Waterproof Headphones for Swimming in 2023
1. Sony NWWS623/B
Just like the other products of Sony, even this one has the best features and serves its purpose not only for swimmers but also for other sports people. This is a wireless headphone that is waterproof and dustproof and connects with wireless Bluetooth and NFC connection. Along with having a wireless connection it also has internal storage to store songs and listen to them whenever you want to.
Its one-touch pairing with NFC lets you pair easily with your device and start training. It is also salt waterproof which lets you take it on the water up to 6.5 feet and dustproof which lets you take it to a sea beach. You can stream any audio or music via Bluetooth by connecting it to your smartphone.
- It plays audio in MP3 format.
- It has 4GB of internal memory to store audio.
- It has a special IPX5/8 water resistant rating which lets you swim in saltwater as it is saltproof and can be submerged for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 6.56 feet.
- It can endure extreme temperatures between 23 degrees Fahrenheit and 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is dustproof and can be used on sand beaches and sand-based sports.
- This gives freedom to streaming as it can spontaneously stream music or other audio wirelessly from a smartphone using Bluetooth.
- It has an ambient sound mode where microphones are built-in microphones are used on the left and right side of the ears and help you hear the ambient sounds around you along with listening to music.
- It has an ergonomic design along with being slim and lightweight.
- It lasts for 12 hours and is smartphone compatible.
Pros & Cons
2. Naenka Runners Diver Bone Conduction Headphones
These are bone conduction waterproof headphones for swimming and driving. It connects wirelessly and has internal storage which lets you store many songs, and audios in it and listen to them freely whenever you want.
It has volume control buttons on the body and a wonderful standby time which give you gives you uninterrupted music listening. It has a design representing nature. It can be used for sports activities as it is made for swimming, diving, and sports. There’s no need to put the headphones inside your ear are over your ear as it supports bone conduction. There is no transmission of sound through the ear canal.
- It has a 180 mAh battery with 10 hours of playtime.
- It has 5.2 Bluetooth with a stable link along with low consumption and saves power.
- This can also be worn with glasses at is compatible with glasses and goggles along with silicone skin-friendly material specially made for sports.
- It produces 87% Bluetooth drop, reduces 83% sound delay, and has 67% improved battery life.
- It is a bionic design where technology meets aesthetics and provides a completely comfortable wearing experience.
- It supports Bluetooth mode.
- The bone conduction feature transmits sound waves via your skull bones and your ear bones.
- It has an open-air design making it safer and easier when sporting.
- It has an IPX8 waterproof rating and 16G memory capacity.
Pros & Cons
3. FINIS Duo
It is a bone conduction waterproof headphone with an MP3 player which works its best even underwater. It has internal memory which lets you store music and other audio in MP3 format and listen whenever you want to even underwater. It has a considerate battery life which gives you hours of uninterrupted music while swimming. It also has a micro SDXC and comes in black/acid green color.
- It has a slick, two-piece design.
- It has one conduction audio transmission and delivers crystal clear audio using cheekbones to the inner ear.
- It has integrated control buttons.
- It has goggle bracelets to make swimming easier.
- It is compatible with iTunes and you can listen to music, audio, podcasts, and more.
- It is an IPX8-rated waterproof headphone and can perform up to 3 meters for 30 minutes.
- It has 4GB internal memory and stores 1000 songs.
- It has 7 hours of battery life.
- It has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Pros & Cons
4. Pyle MP3 Player Headphone
It is the MP3 player Bluetooth headphone which is waterproof and can be used while swimming comfortably as it is made in a wrap-around style. It comes in black and with internal memory to store a huge number of songs and audio including podcasts.
It also comes with many components in the box and has replacement earbuds which means that you do not need to be afraid of losing your earbuds. It has a good battery life thus keeping you charged for a long time. And also its bendable, adjustable, and flexible neckband-like structure gives you flexibility in your active life.
- It has an 8 GB flash memory and quick connection combination charging with a data transfer cable.
- It has music file management which lets you easily drag and drop files from iTunes for Mac or windows.
- It has multi-format playback with MP3 and WMA compatibility.
- It has two pairs of water-blocking earbuds for water use and three pair of active sportier for land use.
- It has durability and IPX8-rated waterproof headphones and the MP3 player is designed for long hours of use in water.
- It is a flexible, noninterfering structure universally sized, bendable, and adjustable for all hardships.
- It has water-blocking earbuds thus not letting any amount of water get in.
- It has 10 hours of battery life.
- Supports a wireless connection and has a built-in rechargeable battery.
Pros & Cons
5. Klipsch T5 II
This is a budget-friendly pair of wireless sports earphones and comes in black along with having a dust and waterproof case. It has in-ear placement and Bluetooth connectivity technology.
The transparency modes let in surrounding sound into your ears and keep you alert. It has microphones integrated into it to provide you with the best quality voice and chats. It includes six sizes of soft, silicone, oval, and patented contour ear tips meant for your comfortability.
- Advanced acoustic engineering and industrial design to provide high performance are present.
- It has patented oval ear tips to fit and feel better.
- It is equipped with dynamic drivers and the smallest package to produce neutral sound and deep bass extension.
- The earphones have 8 hours of charge and 24 hours of additional battery in the charging case along with having a quick charging feature that charges for 15 minutes and gives one hour of playback.
- It has a transparency mode to let in environmental noise.
- It has a signal boost and external antenna to deliver a high-quality seamless connection between earphones and your device.
- It has sweet and water resistance with an IP67-rated waterproof headphone
- It has a wireless charging case and moisture removal system along with supporting Bluetooth 5.
- it is a beamforming microphone with CVC for a clear chat.
Pros & Cons
6. H2O Audio Sonar
It is a Bluetooth waterproof bone conduction headphone with an MP3 player. It comes in black and can be used by you when swimming as it is specially made for the purpose. You can also use it while doing sports and workouts and other underwater activities without the risk of it getting damaged.
You can store many songs in this along with other audio as it has internal memory and considerate battery life which leaves you with uninterrupted swimming practice along with listening to music. It can be used with Mac, PC, and smartwatches without any problem.
- is 8GB of internal memory storage to download and save songs.
- It has an IPX8 waterproof rating which protects this while you are using it for swimming.
- The device can withstand total submersion up to 12 feet of water.
- It has seven hours of playback time.
- These are open-ear headphones means it uses bone conduction to transmit sound waves.
- It is compatible with iTunes.
- It has a built-in MP3 player and Bluetooth has an underwater range of around 4 inches.
Pros & Cons
7. H2O Audio Stream and Surge S+
It is an MP3 waterproof player which can be used while swimming and has Bluetooth connectivity technology short cord for underwater swimming.
Its superior sound quality gives you an immersive music experience via hydrodynamic in-ear design. It is 100% waterproof and thus won’t be affected by water at all and has internal memory to store music audio and podcasts which you can listen to whenever you want. It has a memory-type component and multi-feature.
- It has superior sound with stereo headphones which are engineered to provide superior sound quality and deep amplified bass.
- It comes with one year warranty and is 100% waterproof with one IPX8 waterproof rating and a patented design which lets you submerge the headphone to 12 feet underwater for an unlimited amount of time without any damage.
- This device can also be used for swimming, running, working out, and sports.
- It is it’s about Bluetooth connection and 2000 songs with its 8GB internal memory storage. The wireless range is up to 10 meters.
- It has a hydrodynamic ergonomic design to serve its purpose when used underwater. It has a 360 snap clip to attach the headphone easily to your seat or workshops and give you a free and active swimming session.
Pros & Cons
8. SEWOBYE Headphones
It is a waterproof, wireless, MP3 player for swimmers and runners. It has considerably less price than the other headphones. These are perfect for students with a low budget.
Having long battery hours along with supporting many standard audio files makes it more feasible for students as they can listen to uninterrupted audio without any need for conversion. It is a lightweight product and perfect for carrying around through the day. You can also choose between black and blue color.
- It has an 8GB memory storage capacity and a micro SDXC media type.
- It has 15 hours of battery life.
- It has the best waterproof MP3 player.
- It has high-quality lossless sound quality and supports computers and audiobooks.
- It can store up to 2000 songs and has a gold-plated stereo Jack to protect against corrosion.
Pros & Cons
9. Swimbuds Sport Premium Headphones
It’s a premium waterproof headphone that is wired. It has in-ear placement and is the successor to underwater audio’s wildly popular swim bud classic. Connecting these headphones to your device while underwater can be a bit problematic but you can easily use them by choosing Delpin bundle or SYRYN. It produces a deep bass sound and is a watertight fit that supports you during swimming.
- It has 10-millimeter drivers which deliver the deep bass sound and a 40cm cable.
- It has hybrid silicon earbuds for a comfortable water-tight fit.
- It is a lightweight and durable body capsule.
- It has a patented chamber design with an interchangeable earbud system.
- It is designed for flip turns and has excellent sound quality.
- It has 11 pairs of earbuds tips in 4 different styles.
Pros & Cons
10. AfterShokz Openswim
It is a bone conduction open ear headphone for swimmers. It has an inbuilt MP3. It can be taken for swimming for 2 hours up to 2 meters deep. It has internal storage to store music and a comfortable design for long hours of use. It is a premium product previously known as AfterShokz xTrainerz. It is a black diamond in color and has a fantastic finish. It fits perfectly on the user’s head and gives a comfortable swimming experience.
- It has 8 hours of battery life after a single full charge.
- It gives a premium audio experience.
- It has an IP68 waterproof rating.
- It can be submerged to 2 meters deep for up to 2 hours.
- It has an open-ear design for free listening.
- It has built-in MP3 with 4 GB of internal storage.
Pros & Cons
11. HyroActive Premium Short Cord
It is a white-colored in-ear headphone. It is yet another wired headphone. It comes with 11 earbuds in 4 different styles giving you a huge range of options to choose between and comfortability.
- It is best for activities like swimming, SUP, kayaking, aqua aerobics, and canoeing.
- It is easy to get on and off along with a wrap-around design.
- It has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- A short cord is present for use with a music player attached to the goggle strap.
- It is a watertight headphone.
Pros & Cons
Things To Look for In Headphones for Swimming
|1. The Waterproof Rating of the Headphones.|
|2. Material of the Headphones|
|3. Ear placement/Ear cup design (on-ear, over-ear)|
|4. Watertight or not|
|5. Built-in MP3|
|6. Connectivity Technology|
|7. Flexibility and Comfortability|
|8. Playtime/Battery Life|
Related Post: 11 Best Waterproof Headphones For Shower in 2023
Which waterproof rating would be best for swimming?
You can go for the ones with IPX7/8 or IP68. Going for anything less than this rating could get damaged if exposed to deep waters.
Can headphones be waterproof and sweatproof at the same time?
Yes, a few are both water and sweat proof along with being dustproof. This lets you use the headphone for sports activities and running too.
Is it bad to buy wired headphones for swimming?
It can be troubling with all the wires in the water. But it depends a lot on what device you are connecting it to.
Our list of the best headphones for swimming covers all the best options available in the market currently for swimming purposes. We have given all the details of each headphone and we assure you that you’d love to take them in the water with you!